Eager Beavers' Picnic
We’re making food tomorrow as part of our food tech project. The theme is a picnic with a balance of food types - protein, carbs and veggies. The children researched the food recipes in their lessons.
We’ll make the food in the morning and eat it at lunch time. We’ll be making the following dishes:
- Chicken salad - we’ll keep the chicken, the salad and the eggs completely separate so that they can choose which to eat.
- There’ll be wraps so that they can eat it like that if they wish.
- Homemade sausage rolls.
- Healthy potato salad (with non-dairy mayo)
- Healthy pot noodle (rice noodles with bean sprouts and other veggies)
- Sliced carrots, celery, cucumber with homemade dips - hummus, tomato salsa
- The only ‘treat’ food will be vegetable crisps.
Any special dietary needs/allergies will be catered for.
We do intend to make quite a lot of food, so children won’t need to bring a packed lunch. If you think that your child will not want to eat the delicious food we are making then that’s fine and you can provide a packed lunch or they can eat a school dinner as normal.